Songs you DO want requested

Dan Gould

Surprised this hasn't come up after the other discussion.  For you musicians are their any songs that get requested that you actually welcome?

Many years ago in Tallahassee there was a monthly farmer's market/crafts/flea market downtown with, get this, jazz accompaniment.  I can't remember what I asked for, some hard bop standard, probably a Golson composition but the group came back from their break and played it. 

A request I got from a stunnig beautiful lady was "When I fall in Love". I think I never played it better......

Otherwise, I like to play bop and if there´s a hip audience and a guy wants to hear our rendition of a certain tune, I remember one guy from the audience wanted "In Walked Bud" so I like requests of that kind.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

Anything by Rodgers & Hart. 

Love this answer, but I'll be more specific:
There's a Small Hotel, Soon, Isn't It Romantic

Also, Wives and Lovers, anything by Billy Harper, anything by Pharoah Sanders... basically, please just give me a hip audience.  (Recently ended a set with Pharoah's Greetings To Idris, and as we were breaking down, sound guy put on a live recording of You Gotta Have Freedom that I was not familiar with.  That's a good night.