LF: Spiritual Jazz 7: Islam (Jazzman comp) - on *CD*

I think(?) I've got every volume in this series, 1 through 6, and I just ordered vol 8 from The Bastards.  But I somehow never saw vol 7 (specifically on CD) at any point, or if I did, I missed out.  Here's the item description from Dusty...

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/829928

Spiritual Jazz 7 – Modal, Esoteric, & Progressive Jazz Inspired By Islam 1957 to 1988

• Maybe one of the most spiritual entries in this amazing series of jazz – and that's really saying a lot, as you might guess from the title! The tracks here all take inspiration from Islam, but are mostly American recordings overall – the kinds of open, deeply soulful sounds that were first ignited by John Coltrane's Love Supreme, then carried forth by a generation of free thinkers who were also drawing other inspiration from points that were far from their American roots. There's a freshness to this music that still holds up fantastically all these many years later – and in the instrumental setting of most tracks, the spiritual inspiration is voiced by incredible rhythms, soulful reed work, and warmly-interwoven strands of sounds on the tunes. The track selection is superb – and titles include "Kalahari Suite" by Emmanuel Abdul Rahim, "Uhuru" by Creative Arts Ensemble, "Morning" by Yusef Lateef, "The Camel" by Idrees & Jamilia Sulieman, "Nus" by Sabu Martinez & Sahib Shihab, "Taumbu" by Dawan Muhammad, "Nadusilma" by Ahmed Abdul Malik, "Ah Ya Zen" by Abdelrahama Elkhatib, "Mevlana" by East New York Ensemble De Musique, "Africanos/Latinos" by Kahil El Zabar's Ritual Trio with Pharoah Sanders, and "Humility In The Light Of The Creator (alt version)" by Kalaparusha Maurice McIntyre.

Anyone got a line on a decently priced one on CD? - either from a US source, or without excessive overseas shipping?  Thanks!!

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Thanks Ghost,

Can't swear I've ever seen this one actually in stock (on CD, that is) -- the vinyl, on the other hand, seems not to be so impossible to find.

I never was searching for it fanatically around the time it was supposed to come out -- but I *thought* I had an automatic email set up for it, via Dusty -- which I don't know that I ever got.

Volume 8 *JUST* came into stock at Dusty last week, and they immediately were out of stock on it barely 48 hours later -- so when I saw it was back in stock yesterday, I jumped on Vol 8 last night (along with a bunch of other stuff).

Such a cool series, very well curated for the most part.

• 6 months later...

V7 came safe and sound to my mailbox on Thursday.  What a wonderful collection!  I listened to it 2-3 times, and then Vols 1-4 this weekend, and hope to spin 5-6 & 8 over the next week or two.  It's 8 volumes, but 10 CD's (so far) -- two are doubles (v4 & v8).

Really an impressive series of VA discs.