Ebay craziness

Alfred

Wolff, did you bid?  I did not, although I would have loved to have picked up that Larry Young LP Mosaic set.

The Larry Young, hmmmmm.

Yes, I bid. :rolleyes:

I forget if $255 is an ok price to pay(I really need to keep a log), but too late now. :blink: I just wish I had some Young vinyl to sell off to pay for this set. Oh well, it's one of about 8 sets I really want. Still kicking myself for missing that Buy It Now Rivers set from a few weeks ago.

The Live Basie went at a good price, I think.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Investing" in LPs is one of my best rationalizations... :D  :D

That's what I tell my wife. It's going to take the kid through college in 16 years.

Like I'm going to sell them. :rolleyes:

State school, baby!

The Japanese Lp certainly doesn't suck. I haven't heard the originals, but this 200 gm. JVC it's plenty sufficient for this middle-class guy.

Edited by Dmitry

Let's see what this goes for. Great seller BTW. Too bad I can't afford his product anymore. When Classic Records wants to hear what the original, mono Blue Notes sound like, they call this guy.

Minor Move

1091543279885_102_BROOKS_MINOR_J.jpg

I've heard folks praise this guy, and I can certainly second that this seller is first rate. It's no wonder that his auctions go for high dollars. I won the Herbie Nichols Mosaic from him, and it was in perfect shape and so well packaged it could have been a shipment of fine glass.

Where does the dude get all that good stuff? :blink:

Regarding the Japanese import LPs, I have no idea what all that writing on the OBI says? Does anyone here know, for example, what the OBI on the Minor Move LP says? For all I know, it says, "pure digital master copy"! B-)

Edited for the usual typo!

Edited by Leeway

Holy Schmoley. Man that's tempting.

As an aside, it always kills me when people bid up titles that are still in print. The Bitches Brew box is already up to about $70 I think. This guy's a good seller and all, but why not just buy a new one at Mosaic? I can see if you can get it for less, but I bet it won't go for less. Maybe I'll be wrong, but we'll see.

Edited by ajf67

As an aside, it always kills me when people bid up titles that are still in print.  The Bitches Brew box is already up to about $70 I think.  This guy's a good seller and all, but why not just buy a new one at Mosaic?  I can see if you can get it for less, but I bet it won't go for less.  Maybe I'll be wrong, but we'll see.

Like these from a few months ago...

$168.05 MILES DAVIS COMPLETE BLACKHAWK SESSIONS 6 LP's MOSAIC $108

$202.50 MILES DAVIS COMPLETE BITCHES BREW SESS. 6 LP's MOSAIC $108

$147.50 MILES DAVIS COMPLETE IN A SILENT WAY SESS. 5 LPs MOSAIC $90