Mitchell Bradford Parker Santa Monica April 7-8, 2018

Which Parker? Charlie, Evan, William?

Obvsiouly envy you, too ... went catch a concert of the planned Golia/Bradford tour in Januar 2017, but then Bradford had to cancel because of an accident ... saw him live only once, with Gjerstad/Circulasione Totale, and that was amazing - would love to catch him live again!

On ‎05‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 2:39 PM, mjazzg said:

I've often wondered why Evan Parker hasn't played with Roscoe Mitchell on any of Mitchell's visits to London over the last few years. Always seemed a tantalising proposition

Absolutely! And that may indeed have been reason enough to travel to London again!

And yup, would love to read some about the concert!

I went on Saturday for the Evan Parker & Roscoe Mitchell solo sets and the duo with the two Swedes, with whom I was previously unfamiliar.  Alas, couldn't make it on Sunday to the group sets.  Parker played about twenty minutes on soprano; Mitchell about twenty minutes on sopranino, both as superb examples of circular breathing.  Parker's choices worked more for me.  It was in a church, with a respectful & enthusiastic crowd of maybe 120-140?  The organizer dedicated it to Cecil Taylor.  Maybe I can get a few pics uploaded.  More in a bit.

Edited by Adam
added word "solo"

Thanks, Adam!

I noticed that the organizers emphasized that this was a family-friendly event. Kids under 12 had free entry. I very much like such a policy. My 5-year old son could say "Miles Davis" before he could say Mom (not joking). I would love to bring him to such events if jazz legends like these come to town. Where I live, jazz events always seem to be 18+. Probably depends on the venue. Churches usually don't sell alcohol.