Ellington Complete Indigos

Tom 1960

I've seen a few versions of this release on import labels at varying prices. I also saw a 24k version on Amazon for a hefty price, 35 and change. What is the best route to go to obtain these recordings? 

In addition while I have you guys on the line, the same story with Piano In The Foreground available as an import. What is the best way to go with this session?

Edited by Tom 1960

The sound on the gold disc is lovely but the "Complete"version I have sounds good too. (My equipment is not the best, nor are my ears.)   The cheaper Complete ($8.99)  listed on Amazon has three cuts not on the Gold disc:  "Cop Out", an alternate "Autumn Leaves" and an alternate "All the Things You Are".  Both versions of Autumn Leaves are longer than the one on the Gold disc.  (I don't know what to make of that.)    I can't tell what's on the slightly more expensive version  ($11.87) offered on Amazon.  

I've loved this record since it first came out on Lp so I'm not objective.  I'd buy both. 

The import version of Piano in the Foreground is the American version plus some cuts from the Capital piano trio sessions in the early '50s.  it is cheaper than the American version.  

Edited by medjuck