Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teasing the Korean

Riverside "The Compositions Of" Compilation LPs

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have these composer-dedicated compilations on Riverside?  I have at least three of them.  The rear sleeves list the other albums in the series, but of course, each lists only the albums that had been compiled up to that time.  The latest one I have is the Horace Silver volume, #3509.  Were there any others after this one?  I also have the Monk and Benny Golson albums. Others in the series include Mlles, Bird, Diz, and Duke (2 volumes). 

EDIT:  I waddled over to eBay, and I see that there were also Tadd Dameron and Bobby Timmons volumes. 

Edited by Teasing the Korean

I have 8 LPs in the series. According to a Riverside discography, there are 16 in total, the last being Riverside 3519, Compositions of Irving Berlin.

4 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

I have 8 LPs in the series. According to a Riverside discography, there are 16 in total, the last being Riverside 3519, Compositions of Irving Berlin.

Thanks.  Is the discography on line?

The linked discography is duplicative and incomplete. I was consulting The Riverside Book, a Japanese book which I bought at the Jazz Record Center.

1 minute ago, kh1958 said:

The linked discography is duplicative and incomplete. I was consulting The Riverside Book, a Japanese book which I bought at the Jazz Record Center.

Looks like Discogs has it broken out in 2 different series:

https://www.discogs.com/label/870989-Pop-Composer-Series

And, yeah, Discogs is always duplicative and incomplete.  

What's up with the animal artwork on the sleeves?  There is no art credit on the 3 LPs that I have.