20 Years of Jazz Materials Heading to Harlem

In yesterday's New York Times

New Archive of Concerts and Interviews from International Jazz Festival in Bern

"The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem has received a vast new archive of concert footage and interviews covering 20 of jazz’s most underexplored years.

The Jazz and Blues Art Box comprises 230 concerts and 96 interviews, all filmed at the International Jazz Festival Bern in Switzerland from 1983 to 2002. It contains performances by most of jazz’s biggest stars from the era, including Sonny Rollins, Sarah Vaughan, Wynton Marsalis and Dizzy Gillespie. Each of the concerts was originally broadcast on Swiss television, and is rendered here in full.

The DVD collection, which comes in a nearly-four-foot-tall black cabinet, was donated by the jazz impresario George Wein, who served as an adviser on the art box project."

• 1 year later...

UP because I need to find a source for this cornocopia of riches (yeah I spelled it wrong so what?)

Specifically, Disc 6 of 1987:

Video of Percy France exists!

Disc 6. Sammy Price's Tenor Boogie (Sammy Price, piano, vocal ; George Kelly, tenor sax ; Percy France, tenor sax ; Leonard Gaskin, bass ; Ronnie Cole, drums ; Bonus track, interview with Sammy Price)

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

UP because I need to find a source for this cornocopia of riches (yeah I spelled it wrong so what?)

Specifically, Disc 6 of 1987:

Video of Percy France exists!

Disc 6. Sammy Price's Tenor Boogie (Sammy Price, piano, vocal ; George Kelly, tenor sax ; Percy France, tenor sax ; Leonard Gaskin, bass ; Ronnie Cole, drums ; Bonus track, interview with Sammy Price)

Is there a list of all the performances/artists somewhere? Would be fun to puruse sometime.

15 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Is there a list of all the performances/artists somewhere? Would be fun to puruse sometime.

Here is a better source:

https://www.worldcat.org/title/jazz-and-blues-art-box-collection-1987/oclc/1031029445&referer=brief_results#relatedsubjects

This link has the 1987 ARTBOX DVD contents. Change the search term to other years in the box at the top and you will see the exact festival lineup for the year chosen. So you can see 1983-2002, the years covered by this mammoth set..