Computer Gurus: Photo onto computer

Today's problem is simple.  I have taken a picture with my phone, and would like to add it to my photos folder on my computer.

Contrary to Microsoft's instructions, no auto-play dialogue box has popped up, and the phone does not appear on the left side navigation box (or anywhere else) of the control panel.

I have been able to email the photo to myself.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

If you find yourself wanting to do this in bulk, buy a connector that's whatever your phone is on one end and USB on the other, then plug them into each other. The phone should then show up as a drive/device and you can then transfer files with ease.

If that's what you've already tried...I don't know. Probably some setting to not allow external devices?

My phone has a micro USB output, and i surely can do a micro USB/USB connect to the PC and the phone's directory most certainly does show up on the PC, so I most certainly do get my grandaughter's pictures of the phone and onto the computer by this exact means.

The phone screen shows no change though, it's all done on the PC end.