THIS!!!!

JSngry

Yeah I had my eye on that when I saw it at Jazzmessengers a month or two ago.  Now its coming from Amazon. After all it's FRISKY.

And its got Tete too. Did he ever make a record with them elsewhere?

I should post this elsewhere but did anyone see Bar Rescue last weekend?  They name-checked Eddie Lockjaw Davis (with a photo no less) as someone who used to visit the latest down-on-it's-luck bar.

Not just FRISKY, but FRISKY LIKE A MO'!!!!!

A higher level of FRISKY, the highest allowed by US law, but remember, this is an EU issue, so I don't know what their allowances are or are not.

But, yes. Proof once again that Lockjaw Davis WILL slit your throat and drink your blood and that Johnny Griffin will sit there and laugh his ass off while he does. Film when the Amazon gets it to you.

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

Not just FRISKY, but FRISKY LIKE A MO'!!!!!

A higher level of FRISKY, the highest allowed by US law, but remember, this is an EU issue, so I don't know what their allowances are or are not.

I think that you might be able to get intellectual property protection in the US for FRISKY LIKE A MO'!!!!!, but probably not in the EU. In fact, I expect to see FRISKY LIKE A MO'!!!!! used in the promotional materials for certain Andorran reissues within the next couple months!

Edited by charlesp

• 7 months later...

Yep, I got this one (and IIRC, the Hubbard and the Elvin Jones) when another board member put them up for sale here, and it far exceeded my expectations.  I wish I had grabbed the Chet Baker from him also, and how that sits on my "want" list.  Amazing series, haven't heard a clinker or even so-so release from it, just various gradings of wonderful, but music and sound quaility.  One of the very best Woody Shaw live releases (which I got on pre-order).