Gibson Guitars Files For Bankruptcy

Better hold on to your Gibson guitars. I just saw this on the TV and found this article. In 2017, only 18% of music issued had real guitars playing on the session. At least that's what was mentioned. Everything, even guitars are now sequenced through computers. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2018/05/01/gibson-guitars-has-filed-for-bankruptcy/#3c7c25b5dda1

4 hours ago, catesta said:

I hope they survive. The thing about only 18% of music issues using live guitars is puzzling to me. Long live rock and metal, motherfuckers!

There's a reason why 72% of the music of today sounds so mechanical...

The operating company that manufactures the guitars is fine and profitable.  The parent company had too much debt and so the only ones hurt here are their shareholders.  Someone else will end up owning the company but day to day operations should stay the same.

IG000004822.jpg

Haven't Gibson's consumer guitars kinda gotten progressively POS-y going back to their being acquired by Fender? I know the Epiphones, once a proud name, are not even top-shelf student guitars.

Personally, I don't care what the instruments are. GIGO, always, sequencers or Strats,

1. Gibson was never acquired by Fender.
  2. Epiphone has been their low cost import instruments for years. Not bad instruments actually.
  3. Gibson sells increasingly expensive guitars with bad quality control.

Of course Gibson was never acquired by Fender, cranial flatulence. I was actually transposing Fender being bought by CBS.

Epiphone, though, long story, but I had a pretty convincing experience with how cheap Epiphones are these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, 7/4 said:
  1. Gibson was never acquired by Fender.
  2. Epiphone has been their low cost import instruments for years. Not bad instruments actually.
  3. Gibson sells increasingly expensive guitars with bad quality control.

Yes, bad quality control. In the 1990's I bought a Herb Ellis model. It had to be ordered since  I a southpaw. When it arrived the stings were touching the fret board. It had to be sent back. I had Sam Ash order a totally new one. I ended up selling it in 2000. 

• 2 weeks later...