Kenny Barron - Concentric Circles

Hardbopjazz

The musicians in his band are all on the Criss Cross label. At least the CD's I have by them are on that label. Kiyoshi Kitagawa and Blake have been with Kenny now for a several years. 

Johnathan Blake's release from 4 years ago is real fine. I included one track on my blindfold test.

MI0003756463.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Michael Rodriguez's Reverence is also a nice one.

MI0003504054.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Dayna Stephens' Reminiscent is very good too. Dayna is a real good young tenor player.  

MI0003850670.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• 3 weeks later...

Kiyoshi Kitagawa has been on the scene a long time.  He was the bassist on Kenny Garrett's Triology in 1995.  Johnathan Blake has been terrific with Tom Harrell (back when I heard Light On years ago) and was great on Dr. Lonnie Smith's In The Beginning, Vols 1&2 (which nearly comes close to matching Live at the Club Mozambique)  Personally while I like what I heard from David Binney on Criss Cross (certainly some of their more adventurous music) aside from the two Tenor Triangle releases that's all I feel I need to have on that label.