J.J. Johnson bonus tracks on Blue Trombone (expanded edition) same as...

bluesForBartok

Can anyone tell me the story behind why the tracks recorded w/ Mobley, Silver et. al. on 6.6.55 for Blue Note ("'Daylie' Double", "You're Mine, You", "Pennies From Heaven", "Groovin'", "Viscosity", "Portrait of Jennie") also appear as bonus tracks on the expanded edition of Johnson's Blue Trombone? Were they actually recorded for Columbia & BN purchased them or vice versa?

Thanks

52 minutes ago, bluesForBartok said:

Can anyone tell me the story behind why the tracks recorded w/ Mobley, Silver et. al. on 6.6.55 for Blue Note ("'Daylie' Double", "You're Mine, You", "Pennies From Heaven", "Groovin'", "Viscosity", "Portrait of Jennie") also appear as bonus tracks on the expanded edition of Johnson's Blue Trombone? Were they actually recorded for Columbia & BN purchased them or vice versa?

Thanks

If you're referring to this: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Trombone-J-J-Johnson-Quartet/dp/B002JIOQ2Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1527612208&sr=1-1&keywords=j.j.+johnson+blue+trombone, it's not a Columbia or BN release; it's a bootleg released on the "American Jazz Classics" label.  They don't have licenses for either the Columbia or BN material; instead, they take advantage of the looser public-domain rules in Europe.  Note that their cover does not say Columbia:

51ikzb0fbiL.jpg

As opposed to the legit release currently available from CDJapan:

SICP-3986.jpg?v=3