Available for Pre-Order: The Disconnected Works

with the conclusion of some recent sessions with Darius Jones and James Brandon Lewis I have got to issue what I am sitting on. It will be 8 CDs worth of material, going back to about 2010; unissued things with Marc Ribot and Roswell Rudd, Matthew Shipp; some prior things, a touch of Doc Cheatham, Gary Bartz, David Murray, Hamiet Bluiett, and Julius Hemphill, maybe a cut from Kalaparusha's last session; some things from my Punk period, and then a slew of new stuff with Ken Peplowski, Aaron M. Johnson, Nicole Glover, Lisa Parrott,  Lewis Porter, Kevin Ray, Hilliard Greene, Brian Simontacchi, and more, including three Suites: Black Brown and Beige, Yellow Trans and Queer and A Love Supine - plus a short Americana suite, and my women’s project on Gladys Bentley (I Am A Woman Again), also a CD inspired by Julius Hemphill and Boyce Brown (with Steve Swell), and finally some odds and ends, issued and unissued oddities and whatever else I have lying around.

Working title:

Allen Lowe: The Disconnected Works, 2010-2017; or, All the Blues You Could Play By Now if Nicholas Payton Was Your Uncle.

So here's the situation: in order to get this manufactured on actual CDs I need to pre-sell 40 copies of the box of 8 CDs at $50 a pop. I will take pre-orders and then, of course, get you the actual box (liner notes will probably, I should mention, be posted online; all personel will, however, be listed in the box), probably in September.

for the purposes of full disclosure, I will, at some point, sell the BBB, YTQ and Love Supine suites separately, but likely at something like $15 each; so this is a clearly more cost-effective way to get them AND 6 additional CDs - thanks!

Edited by AllenLowe

• 2 weeks later...

we have met our goal, and I can only hold the $50 pre-order price until Mid-August, when I will be sending the master to the plant. If you can't pay now but are certain you want to order, please let me know, so I have some sense of budget.

thanks -