Sopranos Season Starts!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think season 4 was still better than anything else on tv.

i think it gets unfairly criticized.

while it lacked the highs of season 1, i think it worked very well to deepen the characters.

ralphie was a great character, and the developing tension between tony and johnny sack was really good.

i think all of the characters strengthened their positions so to say.

i better understand paulie at this point.

if anything the entire season was somewhat a repositioning to extend the story lines.

you had great big story arcs that worked to increase the tension surrounding tony - the breakup of his marriage, tension within his group (christopher and paulie), tension with the ny group (johnny sack and carmine), and tensions from the outside (the fbi).

i guess the marriage between tony's sister and bobby took place between seasons.

I agree....The Sopranos still interests me more than anything else on the tube. I think it'll be a good season. I wonder if Tony will come out of this season as semi-sympathetic as he has so far? This story could go in a lot of diferrent ways. I have a feeling Paulie's through by the end of this season.

I spent most of last night's show wondering when Tony or his goon was going to shoot the fish and game guy who was giving Tony's wife the eye.

I like "Sopranos" but I don't love it and I don't know why. The show has great writing and acting, but there's something that just doesn't take it over the top for me.

"Oz" was the show I watched with great anticipation. As much as I hate violence, that show reeled me in right away.

They extended the run? I thought that it was originally supposed to be five and out.

Yeah..there's going to be "one more" season. It's supposed to be the last but I guess if HBO throws enough loot at David Chase there might be more. Originally it was supposed to be three and out.

Maybe a spinoff Paulie comedy series. :rolleyes:

Edited by Harold_Z

Maybe a spinoff Paulie comedy series. :rolleyes:

How about a Paulie & Chris "reality show" (for Fox, of course...) where they go out into amongst public in character and off somebody who pisses them off. The victim will be in on the gag, of course, and the fun comes with watching the family deal with the horror.

Kinda like "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance", only even MORE funny!

For all those fans of James Gandolfini (I am one!), one of his very first movie part was in a film made in France by Alain Corneau back in 1995. Some of you may be aware that Corneau is a great connaisseur of jazz and a former drummer himself.

The film 'Le Nouveau Monde' is a semi-autobiographic account of Corneau's youth. It tells the story of a 16-year old French highschooler who lives near a US military base in central France in the early '60s. The highschooler befriends a US Army sergeant played by Gandolfini. The Sergeant offers the youth a drumkit so he can play with his highschool friends in a jazz quintet.

Read about Corneau's film:

http://www.videoretailer.com/Title.asp?sku=10063

Corneau was very disappointed when the film died at the box office. I don't think it's been seen released in movie houses outside France.

One of the musicians in the US army base near where Corneau grew up was Albert Ayler.

Maybe a spinoff Paulie comedy series.  :rolleyes:

How about a Paulie & Chris "reality show" (for Fox, of course...) where they go out into amongst public in character and off somebody who pisses them off. The victim will be in on the gag, of course, and the fun comes with watching the family deal with the horror.

Kinda like "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance", only even MORE funny!

You can call it "The Hit Parade".