Mike Westbrook Concert Band - The Last Night At The Old Place

mjazzg

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Hard to keep up with the avalanche of Westbrook releases these days.

A very happy state of affairs ! :)

What else has come out recently?  Also, what is the  best place for us in the USA to acquire this title, which I am very interested in?

The Cadillac ‘Live 1972’ reissue for starters (great, highly recommended - has much of the Solid Gold Cadillac band), the recent Lou Gare tribute, the ‘Uncommon Orchestra’ Live 2CD as well as this Ronnie’s performance. Not to forget either the 3CD ‘Marching Song’ on Turtle Records, which with its extra CD of material and authoritive sleeve notes, is the definitive issue of this landmark UK recording.

Best bet is probably Amazon UK, although you can also order CDs directly from Mike and Kate Westbrook’s site. Not sure about shipping to the USA.

Dusty Groove might also be worth a look, Stateside.

Edited by sidewinder

LAST NIGHT AT THE OLD PLACE is the first thing I'll get when I'm back home later this week.

Another three albums due this year:
GRANITE - on 27th July (strictly speaking it's Kate Westbrook's album;  got mine at the live premiere on 21st June)
STARCROSS BRIDGE - due in July, new Solo album by Mike Westbrook, on the hatology label
CATANIA - 2CD, recordings from the famous 1992 Sicily tour, due in September on the ENJA label

see also http://www.westbrookjazz.co.uk/mikewestbrook/news.shtml

The Lou Gare tribute album is indeed available from the Westbrookjazz website along with Kate Westbrook's GRANITE which we are selling prior to its official release. We can ship to anywhere in the world. http://westbrookjazz.co.uk/westbrookrecords/index.shtml If you order outside the UK please be sure to pay the correct postage.

Sorry to say that we don't stock the Cadillac albums or Marching Song.

Edited by Chris_T

• 2 weeks later...

71sG97fETBL._SL1200_.jpg

Got the new solo album Starcross Bridge (hatOLOGY) a few days ago and have given in several (some partial) spins by now ... introspective music, most beautiful indeed! Official release seems to be mid August (amazon.de and co.uk say 17th, amazon.fr says 24th - the later may be relevant as Outhere is distributing Hat by now ... which is why I have it already - buying plenty of stuff right from the local distributor of Outhere, mostly classical, but their carrying Hat is most welcome of course!)

If you would like to support the artist, Mike Westbrook is selling advance copies of Starcross Bridge. We are not advertising it on Westbrookjazz at the moment as we do not want to move attention away from GRANITE by Kate Westbrook with music by Mike Westbrook. Starcross Bridge is £12.00 inc UK postage and £14.00 inc International postage. Please email me at westbrookrecords@westbrookjazz.co.uk if you'd like a copy. Payment with Paypal.

Edited by Chris_T
clarification