Elvis Costello battles cancer

Elvis Costello (aka Mr. Diana Krall) has canceled his remaining tour dates in Europe following successful cancer surgery, he announced on his website this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/elvis-costello-reveals-aggressive-cancer-cancels-tour-dates-150503726--abc-news-celebrities.html

I'm sure some folks here are fans of his and some are not.  Regardless of that, I hope we can all join together in wishing a fellow human being all the best in his battle against this disease.

He seemed in fine form when he performed at the Playhouse, Edinburgh under 2 weeks ago. He was the only performer not to leave the stage at any point in the 2 plus set. He was full of energy and his usual chat. He referred to a diagnosis of prostate cancer. 

I wish him a speedy recovery. His music has helped me for forty years. Big fan❤️

Depending on the method used to remove his prostate, he could be overdoing it by going on a heavy tour right away. If they did an old-fashioned open surgery, they had to cut through some abdominal muscle, so he would have to take it easy physically for a few weeks. He could have had a setback if he overdid it. No matter how they did it, the inside stitches have to heal.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan