Bud Powell in Jazz Profiles

Jazz Profiles has posted an article about Bud Powell.  As described by Steven Cerra of Jazz Profiles 

"What follows is an unedited compilation of writings on Bud Powell and his music by Bill Evans, Ted Gioia, Gary Giddins, Bob Blumenthal, Francis Paudras, Peter Pullman, Sebastian Scotney, Paul de Barros, Raymond Horricks, Ira Gitler, and Kenny Mathieson with my comments interspersed throughout the piece."

Portrait of Bud Powell as Drawn from the Jazz Literature

Quite interesting.

Maybe I already knew most of the infos, having read Francis Paudras´, Peter Pullman´s and Guthrie L. Ramsey´s books, and another one I think written by one Alan Grove, with is more negative.

The best for my personal use has been the Carl Smith book about Bud´s records.

About Diz and Bud, well I can imagine how Diz said those things  about Bud. I´m sure Diz appreciated what Bud played, but couldn´t work with a super erratic Bud or Monk for a long time.

But nevertheless, Diz recorded again with Bud, one track from 1960 in Paris (some sources say 1957), and the great "With the Double Six of Paris" from 1963. That´s the only occasion where Bud played and soloed on "Tin Tin Deo".

Once I saw a photo of Bud with Diz during Bud´s last year of life. I don´t know why this photo doesn´t appear somewhere. It might have been in the studio, where Bud made his last album with Scotty Holt and Rashied Ali. I never knew what had determined Diz to be there as a guest in the studio, maybe to see him for the last time.......,

I love both Diz and Bud, Bud played a lot of Dizzy´s tunes, so sure he admired him.