New Mexico Jazz Festival

The Charles McPherson Quartet with Jeb Patton, David Wong, and Chuck McPherson will be playing a concert in Santa Fe, NM on Wednesday July 25.

The following night the same quartet will be playing in Taos, NM.

just by coincidence my wife and I will be traveling to New Mexico at the same time. So we will be attending both concert. The one in Santa Fe, July 25,  and the concert on July 26 in Taos, NM

Wonder if anyone on this board who lives in New Mexico will be at either concert? If so perhaps we can meet and say hi.

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

Peter - would you like this to stay here in Reissues, or would you like it moved to the Live forum?

I would love to see Charles McPherson in either Santa Fe or Taos. Great places both.

Jim, it was my error to put this in clearly the wrong area. Not sure what I was thinking?

Please do move it. Thanks

On 7/26/2018 at 7:30 AM, jlhoots said:

Sorry to miss you last night. Thought the concert was very good..

We missed the concert. My wife was not feeling well se we left Tucson a day later than planned.

However, we did make the concert last night in Taos. It was held in a perfect small concert hall in the Harwood Museum.

It holds 100 people and was,sold out. The music was terrific. Charles McPherson was on fire, and at 79 years old played like a young  man of 40. This was the first time I heard pianist Jeb Patton live and he was most impressive. He is one of the best jazz pianists around these days in my view. David Wong on bass was excellent, and my wife was espcially impressed by the sound he got from his instrument. The sound in that small concert hall was ideal for a quartet. Chuck McPherson who is Charles son was good and that rare left handed drummer.

They played one long set that was close to an hour and forty five minutes long.

I had the opportunity to have a nice discussion with Charles before the concert began. My Detroit roots gave us much to talk about. I heard Charles in Detroit before he left for New York well over 50 years ago.

All told a special musical evening.

1 hour ago, Peter Friedman said:

We missed the concert. My wife was not feeling well se we left Tucson a day later than planned.

However, we did make the concert last night in Taos. It was held in a perfect small concert hall in the Harwood Museum.

It holds 100 people and was,sold out. The music was terrific. Charles McPherson was on fire, and at 79 years old played like a young  man of 40. This was the first time I heard pianist Jeb Patton live and he was most impressive. He is one of the best jazz pianists around these days in my view. David Wong on bass was excellent, and my wife was espcially impressed by the sound he got from his instrument. The sound in that small concert hall was ideal for a quartet. Chuck McPherson who is Charles son was good and that rare left handed drummer.

They played one long set that was close to an hour and forty five minutes long.

I had the opportunity to have a nice discussion with Charles before the concert began. My Detroit roots gave us much to talk about. I heard Charles in Detroit before he left for New York well over 50 years ago.

All told a special musical evening.

That's a great small auditorium in Taos.

Going to see Jason & Alicia in Santa Fe on Monday.