Mosaic CD Sets For Sale

Hi All,

I'm a member of the forum from several years ago; it's been a very long time, I hope my shameless reappearance to hawk these Mosaic sets doesn't ruffle any feathers. To keep it short, I've decided to begin selling off some significant chunks of my jazz collection. Rather than go the eBay route, I'm hoping that at least some of it can find good homes with members here. I'm starting with several Mosaic CD sets....the list is below. All are in NM or EX+ condition with no spine tears, booklet wrinkles, etc.

I'll pay USPS in CONUS, reasonable offers also considered. I've sold to others on the board in the "old days", and can provide references if desired. Please PM me with any questions or wish list items. If anyone has any issue with my posting this as a non-active member please let me know and I'll remove the post immediately. Thanks for looking. 

Johnny Smith - The Complete Roost Johnny Smith Small Group Sessions - MD8-216 - $175                        
    *SOLD* Max Roach - The Complete Mercury Max Roach +4 Sessions - MD7-201 - $175                        
    *SOLD* Joe Venuti/Eddie Lang - The Classic Columbia & Okeh Sessions - MD8-213 - $150                        
    *SOLD* Mildred Bailey - The Complete Columbia Recordings - MD10-204 - $175                        
    Lionel Hampton - The Complete Victor Sessions 1937 - 1941 - MD5-238 - $75                        
    Tal Farlow - The Complete Verve Sessions - MD7-224 - $150                        
    *SOLD* Jimmy Giuffre - The Complete Capitol & Atlantic Recordings - MD6-176 - $125                        
    Various Artists - Atlantic New Orleans Jazz Sessions - MD4-179 - $75                        
    *SOLD* Gene Krupa/Harry James - The Complete Capitol Recordings - MD7-192 - $140                        
    *SOLD* Stuff Smith - The Complete Verve Sessions - MD4-186 - $95                        
    Don Cherry - The Complete Blue Note Recordings - MD2-145 - $60   
    Blue Mitchell - The Complete Blue Note Sessions - MD4-178 - $95                        
    Woody Shaw - The Complete CBS Studio Recordings - MD3-142 - $75                        
    Curtis Fuller - The Complete Blue Note/United Artist Recordings - MD3-166 - $75                        
    Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams - The Complete Blue Note Studio Sessions - MD4-194 - $125                        
    *SOLD* Lee Morgan/Wayne Shorter - The Complete Vee Jay Sessions - MD6-202 - $175                        
    Lee Morgan - The Complete Blue Note 50's Sessions - MD4-162 - $95                   
    Woody Shaw - The Complete Muse Sessions - MD7-255 - $150                        
    *SOLD* Coleman Hawkins - Classic Coleman Hawkins 1922-1947 - MD8-251 - $125                        
    Hank Mobley - The Complete Blue Note 50's Sessions - MD6-181 - $125   

*SOLD* Duke Ellington Centennial Edition (Complete RCA Victor Recordings) - box and all CD's in EX condition, book has the typical deteriorated binding - $250

Edited by Z-Man

I am all tapped out anyway, but it hurt to see that Venuti/Lang set for sale and not grab it.  I found 5 stray discs in a store for $10 a pop and ended up picking up one disc to try it out.  The disc was excellent and the remastering was amazing for a recording of that vintage.  I'll track the set down eventually, but someone here made a smart purchase.

7 hours ago, Justin V said:

I am all tapped out anyway, but it hurt to see that Venuti/Lang set for sale and not grab it.  I found 5 stray discs in a store for $10 a pop and ended up picking up one disc to try it out.  The disc was excellent and the remastering was amazing for a recording of that vintage.  I'll track the set down eventually, but someone here made a smart purchase.

that was me :) 

On 3.8.2018 at 9:33 AM, sidewinder said:

The Mildred set just arrived across the Pond. Very nicely packaged and very quick shipping. Many thanks !

(listening to CD1,some great music on this one. Glad to have it).

Congrats! Good catch!

The Lang/Venuti will be delivered tomorrow, I hope (or else picked up Wednesday at the post office as possibly no one will be home)!