ebay auction help 2018

im having tons of trouble on ebay with these non reserve, 9.95 opening bid boris items this dawg in floridas been listing for the past few months.  most of the time there are zero (0) bids until the LAST three seconds, and then when im trying to place a bid, sometimes substantial, immediately it will either be outbid or will automatically say sorry plz bid higher.  Do you just need to enter 99999 every time you want to really win something?  They are using "sniping" ebay bots to place the bids like that right?  

Those Philly Joe discs with the dual tenors of Bill Baron and Allen Eager, has any of you ever heard that stuff, sounds interesting.  the one last week with art blakey 1960 band doing "52nd st theme", i should of got that, but even if i made it hope in time the auction was sniped.  Isnt that a violation of ebay terms of service?  If youre not following this dawg you should at least download the pics and soundsamples of the discs, which he posts. its not like any of you are competing with me for it, hell if someone on here snipes go for it dawg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

Aric,

Two bidding techniques may be at work here.  The first I call "waiting in the weeds".  You decide how much you're willing to pay and than with about five seconds left in the auction, you hit the bid button.  The second is based on your ability to enter an actual bid but at the same time indicate the maximum amount you're willing to pay.  Either way, as another bidder, just when you think you may be home free, you can still get burned.  

7 minutes ago, Dave James said:

Aric,

Two bidding techniques may be at work here.  The first I call "waiting in the weeds".  You decide how much you're willing to pay and than with about five seconds left in the auction, you hit the bid button.  The second is based on your ability to enter an actual bid but at the same time indicate the maximum amount you're willing to pay.  Either way, as another bidder, just when you think you may be home free, you can still get burned.  

thanks ive been trying version 1, its amazing how much can change in 2 seconds

I've been using AuctionStealer.com for years. They give you three (3) free last-second snipe bids per week, and a dozen snipes per month is well enough for me most of the time.

Basically set it and forget it. Flawless, and I've never lost an auction that I didn't get seriously outbid on as a result. Swear by it.

If these were worth releasing legitimately, they probably would've come out a long time ago. You might love them, but I'll tell you straight... I would not like these. The recording quality will be so terrible that you'll miss most of the music. They're certainly not worth the >$100/LP that they're getting.