Lazaro Vega nominated for "Programmer of the Year" for JazzWeek Summit

2018 JazzWeek Award nominees

(JazzWeek is a gathering point for many American jazz radio programmers)

EDIT:  Lazaro, I initially disclosed that mine was among the votes for you in this category, but it appears that this is a different category--"Programmer of the Year" is voted on by promoters.  I voted for you in "Presenter of the Year" category, evidently.  Either way, congratulations--will you be at the summit next week, by any chance?

Edited by ghost of miles

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for bringing this up. Bob Stewart, the lone jazz programmer in Iowa, won in this category, which is called The Bobby Jackson Award. Thank you so much for thinking about me. The hub bub around this nomination has done a world of good. During the summer I'm teaching a class to Blue Lake summer school for the arts  and can't get away in August. 28 campers every two weeks. Teaching the "Radio Elective," that is, how to program an hour long radio show of classical, jazz or broad way music. 

I may try and get to New York this January. 

fwiw I was  recently interviewed for Ron Wynn’s column, “Giant Steps,” published by The Tennessee Jazz & Blues Society. Here’s the link: http://jazzblues.org/giant-steps-by-ron-wynn-junejuly-edition-part-ii/

Missed you at the summit--it was a great time, and very productive and inspiring.  (Beautiful 1930s Art Deco hotel, too--I told people that it was like walking into a Thin Man movie.) That will be great if you make it to the Jazz Congress in January!  Some of the same folks will be there, I'm sure.