Guitarist Frank Vignola recovering from accident

duaneiac

This is the first I've heard about the injuries sustained by guitarist Frank Vignola last year.  I've enjoyed several of his recordings and I hope he is well on the road to a full recovery.

A bit from the article:

Before the crash, Vignola typically spent 200 nights a year performing around the world. When he found time to spend at home, he often enjoyed riding ATVs in his large back yard.

That all changed when he caught some mud and skidded into a tree.

He escaped without a significant head injury, despite cracking his helmet in two. The collision did break four ribs, his left collarbone, right shoulder in the front and the back and his right forearm.

He was bleeding internally and suffered a collapsed lung that left him with 40 percent oxygen.

"Last thing I remember was kind-of looking down for a second," he said of the impact. "Then I woke up and my wife was there, and all the medical workers, and my neighbor, and they were just like, 'Stay with us, stay with us,' that kind of thing. And I see my wife with this look of panic and it finally dawned on me that I must have been in some kind of accident."

Read the full article here.