Last Chance at buying the Nessa home

On 8/11/2018 at 10:42 AM, jlhoots said:

I guess you didn't find any Nessa pens.

Looking for an appropriate package for mail.

NOW THIS:

If you have paid attention, you know Ann and I are moving from Michigan to Buffalo, NY. After 4 months of purges and sales, we sent 3 Pods ahead and after the closing on our house the furniture will follow in a regular van line. Today the Pods folks informed us they are not allowed to drop the pods on the street to unload. We will have to take trucks to their warehouse and "re-transport" our goods to the house. Crap like this is .............

On 8/14/2018 at 6:30 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

Looking for an appropriate package for mail.

NOW THIS:

If you have paid attention, you know Ann and I are moving from Michigan to Buffalo, NY. After 4 months of purges and sales, we sent 3 Pods ahead and after the closing on our house the furniture will follow in a regular van line. Today the Pods folks informed us they are not allowed to drop the pods on the street to unload. We will have to take trucks to their warehouse and "re-transport" our goods to the house. Crap like this is .............

That is highly unusual and should have been disclosed at the start of the process.

So did you guys buy a condo and there's no place to put them on a sidewalk or swale?  I can't imagine a company not asking up front, where do you want these dropped off and verifying that the new home meets the requirement, or stating up front that it won't.  I'd be pissed as hell.

Edited by Dan Gould

25 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

So did you guys buy a condo and there's no place to put them on a sidewalk or swale?  I can't imagine a company not asking up front, where do you want these dropped off and verifying that the new home meets the requirement, or stating up front that it won't.  I'd be pissed as hell.

That’s a good point. I know when we rented a POD a few months ago when we were renovating our garage, the rep asked all sorts of questions. 

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

This is a neighborhood of large, 19th century, wood frame houses. They all share a narrow driveway between the houses. There is no room to drop the pods.

10407916_10153650217633289_7440176998355

Edited by Chuck Nessa

7 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

This is a neighborhood of large, 19th century, wood frame houses. They all share a narrow driveway between the houses. There is no room to drop the pods.

So don't play your music too loud in that new neighborhood - or else ... (read: or face the consequences with your new neighbors ...);)

25 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

There's no space in the set-back for the number of pods you rented?