New Woody Herman Mosaic

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Anybody receive a shipping notice for this or the Mobley yet, or chatted with Scott in the past week or so about ETA for both sets?  If not, I might try to call him myself and post any updates that he passes along.

If he and/or you are feeling chatty, ask him did I already order the Mobley yet or not, I honestly can't remember. There's Green Stamps in it for you!

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

If he and/or you are feeling chatty, ask him did I already order the Mobley yet or not, I honestly can't remember. There's Green Stamps in it for you!

:lol: Wow, talk about Throwback Thursday... hadn't thought of those in years.  I'll ask Scott if Mosaic accepts them!

Update from Scott:  both sets shipping "late this month or early next month."  Jsngry, you have not yet placed an order for the Mobley set.  And Mosaic does not accept Green Stamps. :(

Edited by ghost of miles

9 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Well hell...I just got my new record player with Green Stamps, now what am I supposed to play on it? TV shows?

c04a054e0880513c99bdcfb9347ea394.jpg

I hope Scott gets with the times by the time he brings the Bill Barron set to market.

Surprised any of that product's left after the Mad Men and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood set-design folks made a run on the store.  I myself would be tempted to go for that decadent Magnavox color TV that turns on in only 12 seconds and comes with automatic picture stabilizer!  Costs 133 books... darn, I'm still short a few.

Oh crap, I meant #14!

How is it for streaming? Easy. I give the internet one, I keep the other. The internet sends, and all I gotta do is listen.

And when the internet needs new batteries, I walkie-talk over to Amazon and get them some.

It was all predicted, and it has come true:

R-3631294-1563704911-9833.jpeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 5:17 PM, gmonahan said:

I do wonder if this set got grandfathered in before Sony announced they were no longer going to lease any material to other labels.

gregmo

A facebook post from Ricky Riccardi today seems to indicate the set is still in production:

Well, this is interesting: my most loved photo of 2014 was the cover of "Satch Plays Fats"! And how have I spent my weekend? Writing liner notes for the next Mosaic Records set that will include an avalanche of alternate takes from both "Satch Plays Fats" and "Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy"! (Heading to the studio this week....watch this space for updates.)

On 9/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, jazzbo said:

A facebook post from Ricky Riccardi today seems to indicate the set is still in production:

Well, this is interesting: my most loved photo of 2014 was the cover of "Satch Plays Fats"! And how have I spent my weekend? Writing liner notes for the next Mosaic Records set that will include an avalanche of alternate takes from both "Satch Plays Fats" and "Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy"! (Heading to the studio this week....watch this space for updates.)

Great news! I know the status of this set has been very touch-and-go since Sony initiated its new policy, so this is definitely a good sign that it’s still progressing.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thirdtry said:

The Woody Herman set (and also the Hank Mobley set) have been pushed back to late October.

I’m expecting to hear that both will be pushed back even more to early December along with the new Universal set of Tubby Hayes !  Hopefully I’m being unduly pessimistic though.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Scott yesterday, who described the Herman set as “snakebit” (not in terms of quality, but rather all of the weird manufacturing and packaging snafus they’ve hit with it), and he thinks both the Herman and the Mobley will be landing on our doorsteps by the end of the first week of November.

• 2 weeks later...