early Blue Note titles recorded in Paris

Chewy, get yourself a discography! Or do a search on Discogs at the very least. No matter how incomplete Discogs is, it will get you further than just stumbling with blinded eyes through the discographical forest.

This was originally released on Vogue (in France and UK) and on other labels (e.g Brunswick in Germany) at the time (and reissued a zillion times). This BN pressing isn't common but probably only pricey because it is on BN. Even period originals on the original labels aren't that rare.

BN leased several items from Vogue (Fats Sadi, Wade Legge a.o.) for their 5000 10" album series.

https://www.jazzdisco.org/blue-note-records/catalog-5000-series/album-index/

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Oh come on. This was no MIddle Age. Even then the companies were in contact all over the world and had their representatives both ways.

Take a look at the (U.S.) ANGEL label from the mid-50s, for example, and wonder how THEY ever got hold of THOSE European jazz releases for release in the USA. This was way more obscure than the Vogue label (or the Metronome-Prestige setup). Yet they DID lease these recordings and issue them.

Right, because Hamp never would have been a BN artist. I think the few BN albums that were recorded in Europe were on occasions when Francis Wolff went back to Europe. I´ve forgotten how many were done in Europe, one might have been Dizzy Reece´s  "Blues in Trinity" (with Donald Byrd,Tubby Hayes) , others the Dexter "Our Man in Paris" and one year later "One Flight Up" (the one with Byrd´s "Tanya"), then the two Ornette "Golden Circle" and quite strange the Clark-Boland "Golden Eight". I say "strange" because I never saw the connection of this one to BN.