Joshua Redman - Still Dreaming

Stefan Wood

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

That gives me some hope.  I had avoided it until now as Old and New Dreams are a favourite and couldn't see how Redman Jr. was going to pull this off. He's most definitely not his father

You will be shocked at how well he invokes his father's playing.  And the spirit of Ornette Coleman as well.

Edited by Stefan Wood

Flurin, knowing a bit about your tastes, I don't think you will like it. It's too similar to Old and New Dreams - to a point of intentional copy (drums sound is very Blackwell, and Redman plays a lot of his father's licks), but the writing is definitely not on the same level. Well played, of course, but very safe. Sounds quite contrived and forced to me.   

4 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

Flurin, knowing a bit about your tastes, I don't think you will like it. It's too similar to Old and New Dreams - to a point of intentional copy (drums sound is very Blackwell, and Redman plays a lot of his father's licks), but the writing is definitely not on the same level. Well played, of course, but very safe. Sounds quite contrived and forced to me.   

Damn i strongly disagree with this sentiment.

• 3 weeks later...