The Disconnected Works 1980-2018

putting the final touches on this very large, 8 CD set; there are some adjustments from the initial plan, but it is still 8 cds, and has been expanded historically to include some much older but quite interesting sessions from circa 1980; including one I supervised with Joe Albany playing one of my early compositions; plus another session, which has never seen the light of day, with Percy France, Bob Neloms, Sir John Godfrey, Skinny Burgan, Randy Sandke, Joel Perry, and DIckey Myers playing my work. And 2 cuts from my first and last LP.  Also the usual suspects: Julius Hemphill, Roswell Rudd, Doc Cheatham, Hamiet Bluiett, Gary Bartz, Darius Jones, James Brandon Lewis, David Murray, Don Byron, Loren Schoenberg -  with 2 discs of my Americana which includes some or all of the above plus Stacy Phillips, Kalaparusha's last recording, Ken Peplowski, Ursula Oppens, an Elvis tribute,the FIRST jazz versions of Dark was the Night Cold Was the Ground and Devil Got My Woman, plus my recorded singing debut.

The good news is that I have signed with ESP Disk', which will be putting this out in partnership with my Constant Sorrow label. It's kind of a nice feeling to have the ESP imprint, a mix of nostalgia and curiosity, as this was a label I grew up with. 

$50 shipped for about another 2 weeks, after which I am unsure what the pricing will be, though it will certainly be higher.

My paypal is allenlowe5@gmail.com

Edited by AllenLowe

• 5 months later...

Got mine but will not have time to post the Percy France tracks before the weekend. This will take me some time to dig in, but it is a treasure trove, that's for sure. Doc Cheatham side by side with Julius Hemphill, just to name a pairing on disc one - ideal working ground for musicians that hate to be pigeonholed.