"Savoring The Savory Collection" on Night Lights

Yep, Jazz Concert No. 2 1937-38, released to capitalize on the popularity of the first issue of the 1938 Carnegie Hall concert, I believe.  Subsequently reissued on CD as Benny Goodman On The Air: 1937-38.

Though there were evidently subsequent LP releases in the 1950s?  Or was it all one "deluxe" multi-LP set?  Here's Loren Schoenberg's anecdote about learning there was much more in the Savory collection:

Schoenberg had long been an admirer of the five Benny Goodman LPs Savory had released in the 1950s, discs he viewed as the gold standard in recording quality—“much better than the studio recordings,” he tells me, “and much better even than the famous Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall concerts.”

Upon meeting Savory in person, Schoenberg posed him a single question: “How did you pick the best of everything you had?” Schoenberg wryly recounted Savory’s response: “I didn’t pick the best of everything I had. I picked the best of what was in the first box!”

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/how-countless-hours-live-jazz-was-saved-obscurity-180961213/#81yU31R9EG8kHtzk.99

• 7 months later...