Cecil T.aylor Berlin '88 FMP Box on eBay ending Sunday,August 26th and ...

Hi Gang,

Been a long time away due to ill health. Greatly missed reading words, banter and (mostly) purchasing from many of you. 

Due to the ill health, I am heading to an assisted retirement community. With that move brings a massive downsize and the sale of much of my 40,000+ CD collection.

Among the first of the music to go will be my boxes - including many imports, Mosaics, Mosaic Selects and others. Over the next month, I hope to sell most of those boxes here, but the FMP Cecil Taylor Berlin '88 box is one of a couple I posted on ebay.

As an opportunistic heads-up, the auction ends on Sunday, August 26th at 1:11 PM EASTERN. I have a low (now met) reserve of $150 on it, so it may be a great opportunity for someone here who has wanted it, but was not able to reach the usual $ amount required.

If interested, please head over to: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312219538794

Finally, thanks to so many of you for your well-wishes and offers of assistance in so many ways. As one who has been very quiet here, but deeply involved in this music for so long, it meant a great deal to my wife and me. Thanks also to Organissimo, Jim and all involved in this site ... including all of you who have provided me with much great music and joy over the years. 

Edited by freejazz

Best wishes to you and your wife for the future.

I collected most of these CDs new from Berlin based sellers on Discogs through the years, but I would love to read the original box set's accompanying book. Perhaps someday someone will upload a scan to the internet. I unfortunately cannot justify bidding for a copy of the complete set any longer, when I already own all titles I desired the most.

It would be a shame, and a great bargain for the buyer, if further bids were not forthcoming in the 7 1/2 hours left.

10 hours ago, CPC said:

I just bid up to 450 for a friend but that's all he wants to go. It's worth 6-700 in this condition most likely and I hope you get that. It's one of if not the best CT documents.

Was your friend the winner??

Edited by jlhoots

20 hours ago, erwbol said:

I collected most of these CDs new from Berlin based sellers on Discogs through the years, but I would love to read the original box set's accompanying book. Perhaps someday someone will upload a scan to the internet. I unfortunately cannot justify bidding for a copy of the complete set any longer, when I already own all titles I desired the most.

Destination: Out sells a PDF of the book via their Bandcamp webstore, but it's $50. That's probably more than I'd pay, if I didn't already have the book.

https://destination-out.bandcamp.com/album/in-berlin-88-book

8 minutes ago, erwbol said:

$50! I wouldn't pay more than $5 for an ebook. Electronic files mean nothing to me.

I have rarely paid more than $5 for an ebook, but Amazon's booming business in Kindle books that sell for significantly more than that suggests that you and I are in the minority of ebook buyers. 

I've seen comments from people that were less than pleased that the PDF book wasn't included with the FLAC/mp3 downloads of the entire box set, which Destination: Out is also selling for $125. I suspect the prices they are charging for both downloads were strongly influenced (if not dictated) by FMP, CT, or a combination of both. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, CPC said:

No, he's not on ebay so he had me do it for him. Someone got a great deal!

On 8/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, CPC said:

No, he's not on ebay so he had me do it for him. Someone got a great deal!

Actually it appears that when time came to make payment, the “buyer” disappeared, so it will likely again be up for auction soon. We have been in the midst of coordinating some work on the retirement home, so I missed the remainder of the thread. Thanks for bidding for your friend - you are the kind of friends we are fortunate make through this music,

On 8/26/2018 at 11:45 AM, Brad said:

Hope your health improves and best of luck to you.  Looks like you're doing well with the auction; up to $450 with about 90 minutes to go. 

Thanks, Brad. That is very kind. Best to you.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:40 AM, erwbol said:

Best wishes to you and your wife for the future.

It would be a shame, and a great bargain for the buyer, if further bids were not forthcoming in the 7 1/2 hours left.

As noted offline, all is very much appreciated.