How do I open .ra files on a Mac?

mjzee

You can get a basic version of Real Player for free on a PC. What about Mac?

It's an obsolete format, and they try to be predatory, but that's easily stopped in its tracks. So unless you have file conversion software to do that trick, hey, why not?

I like to keep versions of these obsolete players on hand, just in case. But Fubar can handle most of them, not sure about .ra files though.

1 minute ago, JSngry said:

While we're on the subject of Real Player, how do they stay alive? Who uses them as anything other than a weirdass legacy app?

I have so many questions about the computer software industry.  For example, the software Scott recommended (anymp4).  It's free.  What do they get out of providing it?

Well, Real Player was a player waaaay back in the day. but today?

They're still up and running though. http://www.real.com/sem/rpwelcome?pcode=sem_ggl_rt&rsrc=ggl_sch&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI84ac8beV3QIVBQRpCh04lwYuEAAYASAAEgLujPD_BwE

I guess their "big" thing now is downloading/converting YouTube videos, but geez, theirs plenty of browser plugins for that, and none attempt to insinuate themselves into your memory the way Real does.