hammond sk2 lower-manual-C4 velocity sensitivity

leif

I just got a problem with the velocity sensitivity on one key (always being at full volume), the lower-manual-C4.

Not a problem when using the organ sounds, but is apparent on all other instruments in solo or combined mode.

Upper manual does not have this problem.

Is there an easy fix, that I can do myself?

Any feedback is very welcome!

Hey Leif,

This is a common issue with the Fatar TP80 keybed that many manufacturers use, including Hammond, Nord, Crumar, and others. In fact, I have the same issue on my SK1 with the same key.

One solution is to disassemble and clean under the contacts. Sometimes dust and debris can creep underneath. However, I did this with mine and it didn't solve the issue. So the next step is to replace the rubber contact strip that contains that note. The strips contain contacts for 12 notes each (if I recall correctly) so you really only need one strip. The following should work:

https://www.midi-store.com/Fatar-Rubber-Contact-for-SL880-990-13-12-p/sku17166.htm

Please note that I have not ordered from that company, so I have no idea if they are reputable. I'm also not 100% sure that those are the correct contacts for the TP80 keybed. Might be worth a call.

----Jim

Thanks !

No problem, - found and contacted support in Oslo for Hammond, they can fix it after the 17th (serviceman back from vacation). 

So if cleaning does not fix it, I will just have them look into it. 

Very serviceminded people, and happy to help me out.

Thanks again !