Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JSngry

He Saw Our Darkness

4 posts in this topic

A very interesting (because there's much truth there) article. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent article.

Agreed.  I'm not a fan of Cash's music per se (or country music at all), yet I find myself owning and listening to some of his music due to fascination of all the facets of who he was.  The life and the music came together on the "Hurt" video, which is as harrowing and yet as poignant as anything ever filmed if you know his life story.   And the marriage also had so much about it.  In the "Walk The Line" movie (a lovely fairytale with utterly charming cartoon performances by the principles and a Hollywood happy ending), June Carter is his savior.  In some senses, that was true, in other senses, instead she got destroyed.  Yet redemption and salvation are real, and they clung to that and were victorious to the end, but it was a victory in reality, with all the contradictions of our existence, rather than the  absolute storybook victory of human triumph.  It was a victory of grace, and grace is unmerited favor, which they fully acknowledge.  Anyways, good article, thanks for posting, and I look forward to reading Francis Davis's article which is referenced and linked in this one.