Don't Bug Me!

Brad

The Volkswagen Beetle is set to be discontinued again; production will be discontinued in July. 

Beetle Will Be Discontinued Again

The first car I ever owned was a Beetle, light blue, a very dependable car.  I had it through law school and kept it when I started working. One day, when I got off the train, I went to get in my car and lo and behold it had been stolen. A real pity. Apparently, today's Beetles drive more like Golfs than the old Beetles, which had the air cooled engines.  I'd look for an old one but this creaky body has gotten used to modern conveniences. 

That was my first car, back in 1974. When I removed the back bench I was able to transport seven conga drums in it. Once after after a drum clinic in Frankfurt I was packing them back in again on a Sunday afternoon. An old man walking his dog passed by and commented, in heavy local dialect, that with this equipment i'd be able to compete with the Rolling Stones ...

1-fcc.jpg

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

That was my first car, back in 1974. When I removed the back bench I was able to transport seven conga drums in it. Once after after a drum clinic in Frankfurt I was packing them back in again on a Sunday afternoon. An old man walking his dog passed by and commented, in heavy local dialect, that with this equipment i'd be able to compete with the Rolling Stones ...

1-fcc.jpg

Cool looking. Love the color. 

When we lived in Brasil in the early 60s, there was a VW plant there that made nothing but Beetles and that’s all you saw on the road.