Arbors New Releases

mjzee

His medleys are fun.  "An Intimate Evening" has a Thought Medley (I Had The Craziest Dream/Thinking Of You/The Very Thought Of You), a Change Medley (There'll Be Some Changes Made/Change Partners/You've Changed), and a Street Medley (Easy Street/Broadway/Forty-Second Street/Beale Street Blues/On Green Dolphin Street/Basin Street Blues/Don't Forget 127th Street/Street Of Dreams/The Street Where You Live).

R-12570199-1537894847-8378.jpeg.jpg

"My Friend The Piano" has a Summer Medley (Guess I'll Go Back Home This Summer/Indian Summer) and an Always Medley (It's Always You/Always/This Is Always).

R-2616381-1293443277.jpeg.jpg

And Arbors sells for $10 a pop. The McKenna is already listed I wonder if they are selling before official release; the other one, which I am more intrigued by, isn't up yet.  But it looks like this young trumpeter got Houston Person's Highnote studio band for his record. I'll probably get it soon, sooner if Houston is on all tracks.

4 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

And Arbors sells for $10 a pop. The McKenna is already listed I wonder if they are selling before official release; the other one, which I am more intrigued by, isn't up yet.  But it looks like this young trumpeter got Houston Person's Highnote studio band for his record. I'll probably get it soon, sooner if Houston is on all tracks.

Per the blurb on Amazon, Person also produced: https://www.amazon.com/Youre-Gonna-Hear-James-Suggs/dp/B07J35Q96P/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1539452851&sr=1-2&keywords=james+suggs

4 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Sounds like Houston is on all tracks, too. Cool. And he's local to me - but I don't even know where he'd be able to gig in Piniellas or Hillsborough counties.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:54 PM, Dan Gould said:

Sounds like Houston is on all tracks, too. Cool. And he's local to me - but I don't even know where he'd be able to gig in Piniellas or Hillsborough counties.

Houston qualifies for living legend status. It was like a breath of fresh air hearing him play after everyone else seemed to be competing with each other over who could play the most notes at the Phil Woods Memorial concert. Houston swung more, got a better sound out of his horn, played perfectly in tune, played better ideas and played with more soul than guys and gals half his age. In Grace Kelley's case, 1/4 his age!

• 1 month later...

Anyone used Arbors website for purchases?  At $10 a pop I thought it was a good deal and good to support an independent label. Got email acknowledgement but that was Wednesday and nothing since. If anyone knows, are they usually slow? Is the website just for show?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...