Similar to the Dial and Savoy sets...

mjzee

ok, here's this (and note that the publishing is now with Mills rather than Tempo...:

The "Talking Bridge" became popular in pre-doo wop R&B, circa 1945-51. The posts highlight the best songs with "Talking Bridges." Duke Ellington discovered The Enchanters while he was touring Detroit, Michigan in 1956. He was so impressed with the group, he recorded them and released them to local DJs. This record never got play beyond Detroit. Excellent, rare Doo-Wop!!

the-enchanters-coral-true-love-gone-come

hqdefault.jpg

These Enchanters are not the same group as the one fronted by Garnet Mimms.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received Classics 1191 today (btw, fastest delivery from an amazon dealer ever, ordered on Monday, they shipped the same day - turned out it was Fenn Music, the series' former distributor in Germany) - brand new copy for a normal price. Half of the disc is from the Mercer catalogue, including all six Pettiford tracks from the Perdido session, and all six with Chubby Kemp - a nice hard driving blues shouter. That unique "New Piano Roll Blues" should be heard (someone posted a YouTube link above). Glad I have it. My collection of original Mercer recording is now complete but for the two Wild Bill Davis cuts. There is a Classics CD with them, but too costly at this time, and I have everything else on it. 

R-6255299-1414889106-3852.jpeg.jpg

Edited by mikeweil