Teasing the Korean

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok i got one 

Image result for al jarreau look to the rainbow 

i just heard this on cd for the 1st time today....oh. my. god.  it is 50-billion times better sounding than the lp, this title, i had it cranked to EIGHT on my JVC, i can hardly crank anything to eight.  do yourself a favor, burn your lp of this, pick this up.  maybe pick it up before you burn it.   but yea- you need this bad

On 29/10/2018 at 7:28 AM, JSngry said:

Yeah, age. I actually was around when 4-tracks were popular. And then 8-Tracks. Actually had a 7th grade math teacher who brought in her brand new Muntz(?) 4-Track player to class one day in 1969 to play the then brand new Blood Sweat & Tears album for us under the guise of "study time". She came from a family with oil money, drove a Jag, and shopped in Dallas every weekend. She was a "flashy" figure in little ol' Gladewater, but there was never any scandal around her. Mrs. Daniels was her name, and overall, she was cool.

The day she socked it to the Harper Valley PTA!

Also, as much as I enjoyed the earlier mention of Lunceford on 8-track, Lunceford goes on a two-sided 78 or 45. Clearly what you want on 8-track is boogie woogie.

Another useless thing I'll contribute to this thread is the observation that IT BLOWS MY FREAKIN' MIND that the shimmering-fairy-dust-moon-rock-cables-aligned-with-true-North-are-better-for-my-bat-like-hearing patrol did not comment on Kevin's post. Either someone was not paying attention, or we've all grown up a bit. In either case, cause for wild celebration: pointy hats and RIAA-eq-curve-adjusted party blowers for all!

17 hours ago, lipi said:

Another useless thing I'll contribute to this thread is the observation that IT BLOWS MY FREAKIN' MIND that the shimmering-fairy-dust-moon-rock-cables-aligned-with-true-North-are-better-for-my-bat-like-hearing patrol did not comment on Kevin's post. Either someone was not paying attention, or we've all grown up a bit. In either case, cause for wild celebration: pointy hats and RIAA-eq-curve-adjusted party blowers for all!

:P

Edited by felser