LF: that old thread on the discovery/first-revelation of the Diz/Bird Town Hall material (on Uptown) here, etc...

Rooster_Ties

There was a really long, and wonderful thread here eons ago, all about the discovery of the Diz & Bird Town Hall material, and some folks here who got to preview it pre-release (well before it was issued, iirc).

My Googling cannot seem to call it up -- can anyone else find it?  Had to have been 30 pages long, at least.  LOTS of great commentary about the material, and historical import of it.  How the sides were discovered (at least some semi-revelation of that info, though some cloaked in secrecy probably still to this day), etc...

Can anyone else find it for me?  Good times!!

13 minutes ago, JSngry said:

believe it or not, the board's search function worked just fine for this one. Searched by nessa town hall and it was hit #7.

I tried Google with "Organissimo.org" + every combination of bird or parker, diz or dizzy, and "town hall" (in quotes) both with and without uptown.  6-8 different search combinations, hit the "show similar results" button at the last page of each search, and went back through 10-20 pages of each different search key combo, and got nothin'.

The much maligned in-house search function often enough works better than might be thought. I always start here and have luck more often than not. Google is always Plan B, at best. YMMV.

Of course, as with any search function, results are dependent on keywords. Since I remember making that post, and since I know that any combination of Parker/Gillespie/Town Hall could yield too damn beaucoup many possibilities, I went with Nessa & Town Hall. That seemed like it would significantly narrow the range of possibilities, and sure enough, #7 on the hit parade!