December 2018 reissues at CDJapan

felser

Lots of interesting stuff there. Thanks for the heads-up, felser. :tup 

As a Roland Hanna-ophile, I would definitely recommend Time for the Dancers.

5126uHayVYL._SY355_.jpg

It's one of Hanna's finest trio records, imo. But don't expect it whack you over the head. It's subtle. But keep listening... after a few spins, it starts to reveal itself, until finally, "Wow!"

4 minutes ago, JSngry said:

That was an "instant classic" back in the day on Inner City. For that price, hell yeah.

Agreed it's well worth $9, though it's not as strong as their Steeplechase recordings.  Short cuts and self-consciously latin in places, but of course played well.

6 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

and definitely not dated with rinky dink piano/fuzzy bass on the original East Wind direct cut LP so a CD should sound great.

My LP of this one gets played often.

My CD from 2015 (reissued in 2017 and now again - with same mastering) has fabulous sound ....

Some very nice staff. Amsterdam After Dark... love that record. Such a pity that One Upmanship and Moods are the Waldron albums getting reissued again. Most people including me will have those and I even think they are still in print or at least easy to find. Why not reissue Black Glory or What It Is? A pity...

3 minutes ago, Pim said:

Some very nice staff. Amsterdam After Dark... love that record. Such a pity that One Upmanship and Moods are the Waldron albums getting reissued again. Most people including me will have those and I even think they are still in print or at least easy to find. Why not reissue Black Glory or What It Is? A pity...

And "Mal Waldron Plays The Blues Live At The Domicile" recorded during the same gig(s) as "Black Glory" ....

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how shipping costs are calculated in case of a split order. I want to order some cds that are already release, one that will be released 5th of December and one that will be released on December the 20th. Will they wait with shipping everything till the 20th? Will they split up and count extra shipping costs? Anyone who know this? 

18 minutes ago, Pim said:

Does anyone know how shipping costs are calculated in case of a split order. I want to order some cds that are already release, one that will be released 5th of December and one that will be released on December the 20th. Will they wait with shipping everything till the 20th? Will they split up and count extra shipping costs? Anyone who know this? 

You have the choice to have them shipped within one installment, means they will keep your CD`s until the later one`s are released .... makes sense economically ....

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I don't think I've ever heard "The Pantagon" by Cedar Walton. From the YouTube videos, it sounds OK if a little dated with rinky-dink piano & fuzzy bass. Is the consensus that it's worth picking up... for $8.87? :)

UCCJ-9196.jpg?v=2

That was recorded as a direct to disc recording on East Wind. That LP sounds good.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I don't think I've ever heard "The Pantagon" by Cedar Walton. From the YouTube videos, it sounds OK if a little dated with rinky-dink piano & fuzzy bass. Is the consensus that it's worth picking up... for $8.87? :)

UCCJ-9196.jpg?v=2

I bought it when it was last available in Japan, in February 2015.  It didn't make much of an impression on me.  Bland and inoffensive.