What the difference between a jazz big band and jazz orchestra?

Hardbopjazz

And I'll tell you what's pretentious becoming obnoxious - "Concept". There's a new ice cream joint opened up around the corner from us, and they got great ice cream, but they think it's a good idea to promote their "concept" to the point of having the menu board not giving pricing for basic cone/dip structures. THAT'S on a little tiny board off to the side. We've gone there twice, it's good ice cream, but each time, it inevitably went like this - family walks in with kids, parents look at the main ordering board with some degree of bewildered WTF?ness, counter help senses their bewilderment (but not their WTF?ness), steps up to the counter all proud and shit and then proclaims, "Let me explain our concept!!!!"

Dude - it's fucking ice cream store. Don't lead with cereal, jeezus. Take care of the ice cream and the "concept" will take care of itself.

20 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

OK I give up. WTF is their 'concept'???

To mix ice cream with breakfast cereal.

Seriously.

See for yourself: https://www.milkytreats.com/

Don't get me wrong, they have great ice cream. and they're literally just up the street and around the corner. And they make waffle cones from scratch, right there. The smell is damn near evangelical in it's puissance. We go there. But, jeez, lead with the ice cream and then tickle with the concept.

Ice cream.

Exactly. But you don't have to do that, you can just get ice cream. But you gotta clarify that you just want ice cream.

If they stay in business, it will be in spite of their concept, not because of it. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe all these young people with all their late-nite munchies have created a new thing and this is the future of ice cream shops.

As long as I can keep rockin' it old-school with those absolutely splendid waffle cones and good straight-up ice cream, hey, live and let live. But if you gonna make me add some Trix or some Frosted Flakes to it, hey, you can have my ice cream when you pry it from my cold, dead, sticky hands.

Although, if worse comes to worse, I'd be willing to give Cap'n Crunch a shot. But not Lucky Charms, oh HELL no, not Lucky Charms.