Complete NORK 1922-1925 on Rivermont

EKE BBB

23 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

With new transfers from restored original source discs by Doug Benson. Rivermont/Off The Record (David Sager) collaboration.

https://rivermontrecords.com/products/1170?variant=13047284170813

Whoa!  I have the Retrieval edition referred to above, but hard to take a pass on something with any kind of Off The Record involvement... I'll probably get. Thanks for the heads-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in the mail today—the sound is amazing. (I’ve only listened to disc 1 so far, but can’t imagine there’ll be a dropoff in quality on disc 2.)  Excellent booklet, too; I’d say this is my favorite reissue/historical release of the year, or at least neck-and-neck with Mosaic’s Savory set. 

Edited by ghost of miles

3 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Just got this in the mail today—the sound is amazing. (I’ve only listened to disc 1 so far, but can’t imagine there’ll be a dropoff in quality on disc 2.)  Excellent booklet, too; I’d say this is my favorite reissue/historical release of the year, or at least neck-and-neck with Mosaic’s Savory set. 

Thanks for the feedback, ghost of miles! :tup

12 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Just a warning - if you dispose of the Retrieval package you lose the 6 titles by Paul Mares and his Friars Society Orchestra from 1935. I am not sure these are available elsewhere.

I noted this as well--was already planning to hang on to the Retrieval edition anyway.  Thanks for the heads-up.

2 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Just a warning - if you dispose of the Retrieval package you lose the 6 titles by Paul Mares and his Friars Society Orchestra from 1935. I am not sure these are available elsewhere.

...with some absolutely wild alto sax solos by the underrated and under-recorded Boyce Brown.