Polk bookshelf speakers for $49/pair

GA Russell

My experience with Polk was good (not premium speakers, but good performance for price), but is not recent enough to be relevant. Company could have changed over the years.

Re. one-star Amazon reviews, my experience shopping for electronics on Amazon is that even excellent products tend to get around 10% one-star reviews. These speakers only have 3% one-star (and 10% three-star and below), which seems pretty darn strong.

GA, Polk Audio is arguably the very best company when it comes to budget speakers. They also build higher end speakers and seem to put as much care and attention into their budget lines. I have owned several pair over the last couple of decades. Floor standers and shelf mount. Buy them and enjoy them. You will not be disappointed. 

Awesome! Timing truly is everything! Hope your nephew's family gets many years of enjoyment from them. My Polk Audio RT25i stand mounts are 20 years old, and still sound fantastic. I didn't want to speak out of turn yesterday without double checking, BUT the ones I have in our game room? The exact model you just purchased, the T15! And they are awesome! Though you smoked me, because I paid $99 for mine 5 years ago... Lighter by a few pounds, and not quite as well built as the RT25i, but the sound quality is far more comparable than one would think, perhaps just shy of completely identical. And I paid $250 for the RT25i's! 

I gave my old R50 floor standers to a buddy of mine in New York a few years ago, and he absolutely loves them! 

Polk Audio is THE go to brand I recommend to anyone looking for high quality sound but don't want to break the bank. They build speakers right, and price them almost absurdly reasonably.