Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GA Russell

Bargain Audio Equipment

209 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, GA Russell said:

 ... It's easy to separate the chaff from an Amazon URL.

I appreciate you taking the extra step to remove any affiliate tags from your links in this thread. As to your position on CBD, that's between you and your God. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep on keepin' on, GA. No harm has been or is being done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

Yes, but what is your stance on the current legal status of CBD? ;) 

Over the past six months, when reading Canadian football news, I've seen a large number of banner ads touting CBD on the Canadian websites.  So my opinion is that it's legal in Winnipeg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Over the past six months, when reading Canadian football news, I've seen a large number of banner ads touting CBD on the Canadian websites.  So my opinion is that it's legal in Winnipeg!

Marijuana is now legal in Canada so I’m sure CBD is too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently purchased these over-the-ear open back headphones. Super comfortable and great, natural sound. Obviously not designed for mobile use. The current price of $129.85 is the lowest it's ever been. Sennheiser HD 598 SR Open-Back Headphone

41X8ZPjlKJL.jpg

Edited by sonnymax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sonnymax said:

I recently purchased these over-the-ear open back headphones. Super comfortable and great, natural sound. Obviously not designed for mobile use. The current price of $129.85 is the lowest it's ever been. Sennheiser HD 598 SR Open-Back Headphone

41X8ZPjlKJL.jpg

I had the previous model, 595, and they were outstanding. They were $300 new. 

Looks like a really good deal, IMO. 

The most comfortable fitting headphones I’ve ever owned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the velour pads. Pleather makes my ears sweat! :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my current main set of headphones sound better than those, but are nowhere near as comfortable. The difference is fairly extreme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sonnymax said:

I recently purchased these over-the-ear open back headphones. Super comfortable and great, natural sound. Obviously not designed for mobile use. The current price of $129.85 is the lowest it's ever been. Sennheiser HD 598 SR Open-Back Headphone

 

I only use headphones at work so open back is out of the question. Do you have any experience with the closed-back version? It's the same price.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/811%2BCtkM6BL._SL1500_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin, check out the PSB M4U-1 on Amazon. They are superior sonically, and going for a mind blowing price right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title of this thread is "Bargain Audio Equipment", not "Cheap Audio Equipment" so with that in mind, if you happen to be looking for a "bargain" in the tube amplifier space and you want something decent, check out Quicksilver's Mid Mono amplifiers: http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/midi-mono/. Yes, I get that $1895 (that's for a pair, not each) is not cheap. I understand completely. But it is definitely on the more affordable side when it comes to higher-end tube amps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

The title of this thread is "Bargain Audio Equipment", not "Cheap Audio Equipment" so with that in mind, if you happen to be looking for a "bargain" in the tube amplifier space and you want something decent, check out Quicksilver's Mid Mono amplifiers: http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/midi-mono/. Yes, I get that $1895 (that's for a pair, not each) is not cheap. I understand completely. But it is definitely on the more affordable side when it comes to higher-end tube amps.

I'd pay any price just to get you
I'd work all my life and I will
To win you I'd stand naked, stoned and stabbed

I'd call that a bargain
The best I ever had
The best I ever had

It's all relative, I guess. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird! Speakers with aux jacks? I had no idea those even existed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's unbelievably dirt cheap for a planar, but I see they have had some pretty poor reviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.