LF: Cecil Payne, "Zodiac"

24 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

That would be my suggested way of obtaining it, just because of all the other great music that comes with that set--is it OOP now, though?

It is, and will set you back $200+ at this point, but what a great set.  One of the best Mosaics ever.

19 hours ago, Jim Duckworth said:

I too love the Strata East box.

The variety of the Jordan Strata East box is really wonderful.  All of the inside stuff is just a little outside (or at least funny).  And most of the more outside stuff is really coherent (don't know how else to say it).  Not quite as solid as something like Complete Communion, but certainly in the vicinity.

I'd just bought In The World as very pricy Japanese import CD, when the box was first announced -- but I've got no regrets, and am just thankful for all the great music on the rest of the box that I didn't yet have (nor had ever heard, or even heard OF before).

If anybody missed out on the big box, and needs my Japanese mini-LP of In The World, lemme know.  My extra copy needs a good home!

On 11/27/2018 at 6:17 AM, connoisseur series500 said:

Can anyone find me one for sale? Amazon's $41.00 is a bit too pricey for me.

I may actually have one buried in my still packed boxes. Be forewarned, it is likely just the disc and the printed materials in a Bags Unlimited poly bag. It will have surface marks, but if you want the music more than as a collectsble, it may be the ticket snd will be reasonable.

Thst said, I am still a week+ away from organizing the 199 boxes -  but, I have sent for some reinforcements to assist. If still interested, Please confirm and I will advise asap.

Great music - as are nearly all the Strata East records.

Thanks

On 27-11-2018 at 8:54 PM, felser said:

Start with the Clifford Jordan sessions, "In The World" and "Glass Bead Games".  Amazing stuff.  

Yes indeed. Glass Bead Games is probably one of my all time favorite records. With the most beautiful Coltrane tribute ever.

18 minutes ago, freejazz said:

I may actually have one buried in my still packed boxes. Be forewarned, it is likely just the disc and the printed materials in a Bags Unlimited poly bag. It will have surface marks, but if you want the music more than as a collectsble, it may be the ticket snd will be reasonable.

Thst said, I am still a week+ away from organizing the 199 boxes -  but, I have sent for some reinforcements to assist. If still interested, Please confirm and I will advise asap.

Great music - as are nearly all the Strata East records.

Thanks

yes, very interested. I'll send you a pm.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, JSngry said:

It was in the Clifford Jordan Mosaic.

I did talk to the lady who is offering the disc on Amazon for $41. I asked if she would consider lowering her price on it. She said that "we research our prices and consider our pricing to be fair, but I'll look into it." She called me back to say she has reduced the price now to $38. Well that was a big discount!  I'll continue shopping thanks. I mean the disc has been saved on my Amazon list for at least six months. What she considers "fair" doesn't jive with what the market is willing to pay it seems. Anyway, Freejazz might have a disc for me. If not, I'll splurge on the Mosaic box. 

1 hour ago, connoisseur series500 said:

yes, very interested. I'll send you a pm.

I did talk to the lady who is offering the disc on Amazon for $41. I asked if she would consider lowering her price on it. She said that "we research our prices and consider our pricing to be fair, but I'll look into it." She called me back to say she has reduced the price now to $38. Well that was a big discount!  I'll continue shopping thanks. I mean the disc has been saved on my Amazon list for at least six months. What she considers "fair" doesn't jive with what the market is willing to pay it seems. Anyway, Freejazz might have a disc for me. If not, I'll splurge on the Mosaic box. 

$38 & change + $4.49 shipping!! I'd think about it at $7 - 10 less. :tophat: