Kennedy Center Honors TV show 12-25-18

cliffpeterson

Just a reminder that this concert will be televised this Wednesday.  Wayne Shorter is being honored.  This is the presentation information regarding his segment:

Jason Moran (Spoken Tribute) GRAMMY Award-nominated jazz pianist and composer

Wayne Shorter Tribute Jazz Band (Performs “Over Shadow Hill Way”/”Joy Ryder”) Musicians: Alex Acuna, Brian Blade, Tineke Postma Terri Lyne Carrington, Alphonso Johnson, Joe Lovano, John Patitucci, Danilo Pérez Tineke Postma

Herbie Hancock (Performs “Footprints”/”Endangered Species”/”Elegant People”) 2013 Kennedy Center Honoree and multiple GRAMMY Award-winning pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer and actor

Esperanza Spalding (Performs “Elegant People”/”Endangered Species”) Multiple GRAMMY Award-winning jazz bassist and singer

Bernie Williams (Spoken Tribute) Latin GRAMMY Award-nominated musician

Renée Fleming (Performs “Aurora Leigh”) Multiple GRAMMY Award-winning opera singer

https://www.tvweek.com/in-depth/2018/12/2018-kennedy-center-honors-performers-and-presenters-announced/

kinda stoked to see it i guess, Wayne and Cher are really deserving but I'm not the only one w/ issues w/ Phillip Glass, right  Hes extremely overrated and respected way more than his music qualifies for, no?  Would Steve Reich of been a better pick----- 

and i dont know a lot about Reba, but my pick would of been Wanda Jackson.