What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott?

JSngry

No real "news" here, but there is footage and besides, it's nice to get the name out in the open every so often.

What is of interest to me in particular is the Dumont Network show. There's a Roku channel dedicated to what little surviving Dumont footage exists, and the last I looked, there was none of Hazel Scott's show. Let's hope that some is found, or if any has already been found that it gets up on that outlet.

below from Pittsburgh Courier 1 Dec 1945; note use of the term "DAR-ism", let Daughters of the American Revolution be as offended as they like

you know there's a bio by woman named Karen Chilton? i've not read yet but it can't not be interesting

https://www.amazon.com/Hazel-Scott-Pioneering-Journey-Hollywood/dp/0472034472

hazel-2 (1).jpg

• 2 months later...

Also, note that the two-piano thread contained a link back to this thread, which preceded it. So we not only have redundancy, we have circular redundancy. Circle gets the square. Rectangles on the house, triangles in the kitchen, let's all eat fruit and multiply before we divide.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

https://watch.eventive.org/hazelscott2022/play/61f42368457ec600299275c8?m=1&fbclid=IwAR3eI76gChK9MpQgOrCckHZvJcXLMro5RmbgjJlYvIrLtvfBFBiaL8aWztU

A Celebration of Hazel Scott: Activism through Music and Art

“This program will broadcast live February 25th at 1:00 am to 2:30 am CET. You will not be able to pause or rewind. You cannot access the show once the broadcast ends”.