RIP, Super Dave

Damn, I'm sorry to report Bob "Super Dave" Einstein has passed away. His appearances on Letterman were always hilarious as was his Marty Funkhouser on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

A true comedy natural.

R.I.P. My dear brother Bob Einstein. A great brother, father and husband. A brilliantly funny man. You will be missed forever.

RIP, Super Dave, you will indeed be missed.

11 hours ago, BFrank said:

I remember him from way back as the cop on Smothers Bros, which most people don't mention (other than here!).

There was a mention of his passing on NPR this morning (which I only half heard), and I'm almost positive it mentioned something about the Smother's Brothers.  I'll have to search and see if the audio is on-line.

12 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

There was a mention of his passing on NPR this morning (which I only half heard), and I'm almost positive it mentioned something about the Smother's Brothers.  I'll have to search and see if the audio is on-line.

Yes. He started out as a writer on Smothers Brothers and became a regular character in skits as "Officer Judy".

Some of the gag-writing and the stunts on the Super Dave show (which was originally shot in Toronto) were written by Paul Grosney.  He was a swing/dixie-style trumpet player, and booked jazz gigs in the city.  One was a side job to the other, but most of us couldn't decide which was which.  He made a couple of big band records which were pretty good!

Here's Groz with bassist Rosemary Galloway and Gene DiNovi...

Image result for Paul Grosney