We already knew about the DKV + Joe McPhee 6 CD box as it was offered on pre-order elsewhere but the new Barry Guy 5 CD set of The Blue Shroud Band in Small Formations is the most exciting release of the new year - called “Intensegrity” (previous 4 CD box was called “Tensegrity” from 2014, I think. The new box is also described as “Odes & Meditations for Cecil Taylor”.

the DKV box is recorded live from November  2017 at concerts in France, Poland & Czech Replublic and then in late December 2017 at a show @ Sugar Maple in Milwaukee and then 2 homecoming shows @ Elastic Arts in Chicago. I’m so fired up about this one as I’ve been waiting to hear the trio with a foil for Vandermark and I think McPhee is playing at as creative a level as anyone on the planet these days.

Looks like we have a few different new members of the Barry Guy band including Percy Pursglove (no Peter Evans this time) & Jurg Wickihalder. Another exciting aspect is that we get the full band on disc 5 with what is called the “Ode & Meditations to Cecil Taylor”. This could be a composed Guy piece. Discs 1 through 4 recorded live @ Alchemia in Kraków, Poland (11/27-29, 2016) and Disc 5 recorded 11/30/2016 @ Radio Kraków. 

Wow

Having received and listened to most of their recent releases (I choose the ones that have the appeal to me along with ones that I take chances with) Not Two Records continues to release for my ears the most exciting, best sounding catalogue of new recordings of any label operating today.

Edited by Steve Reynolds

Thanks Steve, some very good news there

A new Guy large ensemble piece is reason enough to by any boxset.  The rest will be great as well and I prefer Percy to Peter so that suits me fine. I've  seen  Wickihalder in a trio with Guy and in the Blue Shroud and he's very good indeed. 

Only issue will be the cost... 

3 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Thanks Steve, some very good news there

A new Guy large ensemble piece is reason enough to by any boxset.  The rest will be great as well and I prefer Percy to Peter so that suits me fine. I've  seen  Wickihalder in a trio with Guy and in the Blue Shroud and he's very good indeed. 

Only issue will be the cost... 

I’m waiting to order these (being as patient as I can - plus some of the below recent arrivals (and other recent arrivals from No Business) are still in my “to be played list” - including the Joelle Leandre box) as the shipping isn’t awful when buying directly from Not Two but recently a seller closely associated with them has been offering one shipping cost for multiple CD’s from Not Two through the famous bid re-seller. On one of my orders at the end of last year, I ordered 7 CD’s (including the 8 CD Joelle Leandre box) and I paid a total of $7.44 shipping for the whole package!! Once the same seller offers these 2 new sets, I’ll add an older release or two and get the whole thing delivered for a similar very low cost. I’m sure it’s not the same for orders/shipments to the U.K.

The other new release from Not Two looks totally out of the box / a quartet including Otomo Yoshihide and three other musicians I’m unfamiliar with - I’ll certainly add this to my order when & if it appears plus these 2 recent releases:

Akira Sakata/Nicolas Fields: First Thirst - Live at Cave 12 

Agusti Fernandez with Artur Majewski & Rafal Mazur: Spontaneous Soundscapes

I'd buy lots at that postage rate!

My cart for the new Guy and the Holmander box came to just shy of 100 euro, 25 euro of which was postage. Too rich for me.

Postage from Poland to UK has risen dramatically in the last few years (as it has from US) making download and streaming the only affordable option if available

I'll keep an eye on other sources for the Guy