Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulpope

Marty Krystall "Marty`s Mode" (K2B2) 2018

16 posts in this topic

9191xtm5UfL._SY355_.jpg

Feat. a number of Herbie Nichols tracks and one Thelonious Monk tracks

Anybody has this CD ?

Seems to be available only directly from http://k2b2.com/#/home - anybody ever ordered from them, are their recent releases CD`s or Cd-R`s ?

Pls share ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never ordered directly from this label's website.  But I have a number of the K2B2 releases, which are all cds.   It was my understanding thattThe label was run by

Buell Neidlinger.    If so, with his death perhaps the label is now run by his estate and/or his spouse.  Krystall was apparently a close colleague of Neidlinger's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cliffpeterson said:

I have never ordered directly from this label's website.  But I have a number of the K2B2 releases, which are all cds.   It was my understanding thattThe label was run by

Buell Neidlinger.    If so, with his death perhaps the label is now run by his estate and/or his spouse.  Krystall was apparently a close colleague of Neidlinger's. 

Thnx for the feedback .... in the meantime I`ve heard that actual releases are CD`s .... still would be interested to hear impressions reg formentioned release ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that the label was co-run by Buell Neidlinger and Marty Krystall. I wonder if Krystall is running it after Neidlinger's passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, paul secor said:

I thought that the label was co-run by Buell Neidlinger and Marty Krystall. I wonder if Krystall is running it after Neidlinger's passing.

Thought that too ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a few CDs from K2B2 after Neidlinger's passing, and the order was handled (very promptly) by Marty Krystall. Don't have this particular CD, but I liked everything I have heard by Krystall, he's an excellent musician. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

I ordered a few CDs from K2B2 after Neidlinger's passing, and the order was handled (very promptly) by Marty Krystall. Don't have this particular CD, but I liked everything I have heard by Krystall, he's an excellent musician. 

Thnx .... and agreement on Marty Krystall ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the CD-R question may go back to my remark elsewhere ... I just ordered the three Nichols albums (Neidlinger, Krystall, Alden/Krystall/Neidlinger), and the earliest one, "Blue Chopsticks", I only got a CD-R of ... I guess they're sold out on CDs and in order to keep the music in print sell CD-Rs of it. The other two are proper CDs.

And my understanding is that indeed it's Krystall handling it now - quite fast delivery, no problems whatsoever. I'm planning on a second order of another three discs soon (there's one with a track featuring Cecil Taylor I saw, and a few more including Nichols tunes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, king ubu said:

Since the CD-R question may go back to my remark elsewhere ... I just ordered the three Nichols albums (Neidlinger, Krystall, Alden/Krystall/Neidlinger), and the earliest one, "Blue Chopsticks", I only got a CD-R of ... I guess they're sold out on CDs and in order to keep the music in print sell CD-Rs of it. The other two are proper CDs.

And my understanding is that indeed it's Krystall handling it now - quite fast delivery, no problems whatsoever. I'm planning on a second order of another three discs soon (there's one with a track featuring Cecil Taylor I saw, and a few more including Nichols tunes).

Thnx ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My "context" was Nichols so far, not Neidlinger and/or Krystall per se ... but I guess I'll look for the Soul Note disc as well then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, king ubu said:

Since the CD-R question may go back to my remark elsewhere ... I just ordered the three Nichols albums (Neidlinger, Krystall, Alden/Krystall/Neidlinger), and the earliest one, "Blue Chopsticks", I only got a CD-R of ... I guess they're sold out on CDs and in order to keep the music in print sell CD-Rs of it. The other two are proper CDs.

And my understanding is that indeed it's Krystall handling it now - quite fast delivery, no problems whatsoever. I'm planning on a second order of another three discs soon (there's one with a track featuring Cecil Taylor I saw, and a few more including Nichols tunes).

If you got a CD-R of a title, I would strongly recommend backing it up to a hard drive. I use Exact Audio Copy and create a .WAV & .CUE set of files just in case my original CD-R dies so I can re-create it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

If you got a CD-R of a title, I would strongly recommend backing it up to a hard drive. I use Exact Audio Copy and create a .WAV & .CUE set of files just in case my original CD-R dies so I can re-create it.

I try doing so whenever I end up in that situation (if I forget doing it immediately, I might forget until it's too late ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a bunch of K2B2 Lp`s and can recommend  these albums. ( I do not buy cd`s ) :shrug[1]:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.