Marty Krystall "Marty`s Mode" (K2B2) 2018

soulpope

I have never ordered directly from this label's website.  But I have a number of the K2B2 releases, which are all cds.   It was my understanding thattThe label was run by

Buell Neidlinger.    If so, with his death perhaps the label is now run by his estate and/or his spouse.  Krystall was apparently a close colleague of Neidlinger's. 

9 minutes ago, cliffpeterson said:

I have never ordered directly from this label's website.  But I have a number of the K2B2 releases, which are all cds.   It was my understanding thattThe label was run by

Buell Neidlinger.    If so, with his death perhaps the label is now run by his estate and/or his spouse.  Krystall was apparently a close colleague of Neidlinger's. 

Thnx for the feedback .... in the meantime I`ve heard that actual releases are CD`s .... still would be interested to hear impressions reg formentioned release ....

2 hours ago, Д.Д. said:

I ordered a few CDs from K2B2 after Neidlinger's passing, and the order was handled (very promptly) by Marty Krystall. Don't have this particular CD, but I liked everything I have heard by Krystall, he's an excellent musician. 

Thnx .... and agreement on Marty Krystall ....

Since the CD-R question may go back to my remark elsewhere ... I just ordered the three Nichols albums (Neidlinger, Krystall, Alden/Krystall/Neidlinger), and the earliest one, "Blue Chopsticks", I only got a CD-R of ... I guess they're sold out on CDs and in order to keep the music in print sell CD-Rs of it. The other two are proper CDs.

And my understanding is that indeed it's Krystall handling it now - quite fast delivery, no problems whatsoever. I'm planning on a second order of another three discs soon (there's one with a track featuring Cecil Taylor I saw, and a few more including Nichols tunes).

2 minutes ago, king ubu said:

Since the CD-R question may go back to my remark elsewhere ... I just ordered the three Nichols albums (Neidlinger, Krystall, Alden/Krystall/Neidlinger), and the earliest one, "Blue Chopsticks", I only got a CD-R of ... I guess they're sold out on CDs and in order to keep the music in print sell CD-Rs of it. The other two are proper CDs.

And my understanding is that indeed it's Krystall handling it now - quite fast delivery, no problems whatsoever. I'm planning on a second order of another three discs soon (there's one with a track featuring Cecil Taylor I saw, and a few more including Nichols tunes).

Thnx ....

6 hours ago, king ubu said:

If you got a CD-R of a title, I would strongly recommend backing it up to a hard drive. I use Exact Audio Copy and create a .WAV & .CUE set of files just in case my original CD-R dies so I can re-create it.

2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

If you got a CD-R of a title, I would strongly recommend backing it up to a hard drive. I use Exact Audio Copy and create a .WAV & .CUE set of files just in case my original CD-R dies so I can re-create it.

I try doing so whenever I end up in that situation (if I forget doing it immediately, I might forget until it's too late ...)