It was fifty years ago today

porcy62

13 hours ago, Scott Dolan said:

Just saw a post on The Beatles Facebook page this morning about Peter Jackson putting together a documentary about the Let It Be sessions using 18 hours of recently discovered video. 

Now THAT should be interesting! 

couple of great quote from readers on superdeluxeedition.com:

gwynogue says:

Am I the only one who can hear Yoko saying “My precious!”?

Jim says:

I’m going with “Lord of the Ringos”.

21 minutes ago, gvopedz said:

I say make the entire 18 hours available to the public.

Yeah, I agree. But, as with “complete recordings” we’re familiar (loaded down with false starts, breakdowns, less than stellar alternate takes), I can see the need to edit it down into a more coherent and thoroughly enjoyable movie, sans the likely boring and tedious filler. 

I crack up at the notion that Paul & Ringo didn't approve whatever it was that kept the original from being remastered (or whatever it was) because it was too sad for them. And now they want to make it happy. Hey Jude.

Yeah, I know, oversimplified, but I'm with Chuck on this one, only instead of Raymond, make mine Full House. Once you've seen Let It Be, you can't unsee it, no matter how many correctives are attempted.

I've investigated a fair enough number of the bootlegs that have already come out of those sessions to know that some are better than others. But there's really no upside waiting to be discovered, unless there's a wormhole to a parallel universe out there somewhere. Color me skeptical that this will be that.

Just double checked the Facebook post I referenced yesterday. It did indeed say 55 hours of footage. It later mentioned the album was released 18 months later. I accidentally got mixed up there. 

More tedious is the 140 hours of audio that comes along with it. 

140. Hours. 

Even though I’m a huge fan, I can imagine my ears would glaze over at least 138 hours shy of the end. Maybe 139.